It seems every Christmas I buy less gifts and more gift cards. That often means no 'wrapping', which, for me, is a total bummer. I'm one of those Christmas freaks that loves to wrap every present, adding bows, tags and fancy curls. (Yes, I do LOVE Christmas and gift-giving). When you purchase a gift card they often don't come with an envelope to put them in, or the store suggests you purchase a tin or box…costing way too much money. Handmade gift card holders are not only easy but special. This one uses the new Envelope Punch Board. If you don't have this wonderful, new Stampin' Up! tool, you're really missing out! It makes 66 different size envelopes and does a WHOLE LOT MORE…just like this gift card holder.
Here's the inside view. The gift card fits in the pocket at the bottom. Thanks to Jackie Topa who shared this idea. Here are the directions to make your own…but remember, you will need the Envelope Punch Board.
- Cut cardstock 4 1/4" x 11"
- Score at 2", 7 1/4" and 7 3/8"
- Line up the outside edge of your cardstock on your Envelope Punch Board at the 1" mark and punch.
- Slide your cardstock over to the 3 1/4" mark and punch again.
- The tab you've just created fits inside the pocket.
- Stamp Sets: Color Me Christmas #131742 wood, #131745 clear; Tags 4 You #131820 wood, #131823 clear; Christmas Messages #131790 wood, #131793 clear
- Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
- Designer Paper: Season of Style Paper Stack #132181
- Ink Pads: Gumball Green, Jet Black Staz On
- Markers: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
- Punches: 1 3/4" Circle, Label Bracket (also sold in a bundle to save you 15% – Bundle #133293 wood, #133294 clear)
- Accessories: Envelope Punch Board #133774, Simply Scored Scoring Tool #122334, Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive