Make It Supplies:
- Purchase 4 square tiles from your local hardware store (4.25"x4.25") (I purchased mine from Lowe's for .16 each)
- Cut 4 pieces of designer paper 4"x4" (I used Modern Medley Designer Paper #126926)
- Felt, self-adhesive dots as feet for the bottom (I purchased mine at Lowe's)
- Mod Podge (I purchased this from Wal-Mart)
- 1" foam brush (I purchased this from Wal-Mart)
- Clear Acrylic Sealer (I got mine at Wal-Mart)
Make It Instructions:
- Brush one coat of Mod Podge onto a tile.
- Place one piece of designer paper, centering it on the tile. You will have a little time to adjust it. Allow it to dry.
- Brush another coat of Mod Podge on top of the paper. Allow to dry at least 15 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 one or two more times. Allow it to dry.
- After the Mod Podge is dried, take the tiles outside and spray with the acrylic sealer. Follow manufacturers instructions. The sealer makes the tile coasters water-resistant.
- Allow tiles to completely dry. Once dry, attach the felt feet.
- Wrap in a gussetted, cellophane bag with crinkled paper filler, tie with ribbon and attach a tag.
Subscribe to my FREEweekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information.