The "We Blend Well" Class (Blendabilities) last weekend went fabulous!
16 women each received 2 color assortments of their choice, a Momento ink pad and the Color Lifter – plus 4 cards.
The stamp studio was FULL of creativity, fun, laughs and of course, chocolate!
Everyone loved the "Blendies" (my affectionate name for them) and did extremely well.
With 32 color markers I had lots of prep for this class. I wanted everyone's packet to include cardstock and accessories to coordinate with THEIR specific color assortment. t was a lot of work but so worth it. We all got to see the different color combinations!
I started the class off with a short introduction on how to use the Blendies and everyone had an extra stamped image to practice on. (see my "tips" below)
I used the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight assortments on my card. And, if you look closely, you'll se that I didn't cut the entire flower out. I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 3/4" x 3 3/4", stamped the image , colored it in then created an imaginary line on each side of the flower and cut out only the top half.
If you're new to Blendies here are a few tips to their use:
- Only use the Momento ink pad when stamping your image. Momento ink is water-based which works well with these alcohol-based markers – no smearing!
- When replacing the cap on your Blendies, place the marker on the table and slide the lid on until it clicks. There is a small circle barrel in the lid of the cap that can tear the tip of your marker if you attempt to cap it while holding it. Be sure it's closed tightly. You need to hear the "click" as the alcohol will evaporate if they are not closed tightly.
- Store them flat so that the ink lies balanced in the middle of the marker.
- Don't over think about where to put shades – just marker away.
- Use the darkest shade sparingly.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my FREE weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information.