It seems as my daughter, nieces and nephews get older all they want are gift cards. I get it. Why buy them something that's the wrong size, wrong color or wrong brand when they can shop themselves – after Christmas – when there are fabulous sales?! If that's what makes them happy, well, then gift cards it shall be.
If you've ever purchased a gift card you know that most stores charge you extra for the cute box or envelope that holds the card. But, how about making your own?
There are 3 accordion pleats that allow for 'inserts' to this gift card holder. The first one holds the greeting. The second is a blank card which could easily hold a personal note or even a picture. The final insert holds a mini 3"x3" envelope – the perfect size for a gift card!
Stampin' Up!'s HUGE Extravaganza Sale!
November 24-December 2 or while supplies last!
Want lots on the list? Here's the BEST WAY to get it!
Select $125 in merchandise – yes, even if it's on sale – and pay only $74.25 with FREE shipping. Get all the details HERE.
I used the stamp set "Get Your Santa On". The small Santa hat was stamped on white cardstock, colored and cut out. I attached it to the greeting insert with a Dimensional.
And there is no mistaking where the gift card goes!
I'm so glad that I have two great-nephews (a third baby is on the way in April!). They love wrapped presents and this year, there will be plenty for them to open, even though I've got lots of gift cards to give.
- Cut Real Red card stock 4 ¼” X 11”
- Score at 4”, 4 ½”, 5”, 5 ½”, 6”, 6 ½ and 7”
- Cut a piece of Garden Green card stock 3” x 3” for the front
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Stamp the image on the Whisper White cardstock and use markers to color it in.
- Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White card stock 3 ¼” x 3 ¾”, adhere the first one between the first and second accordion folds.
- Adhere the second piece of 3 ¼” x 3 ¾” Whisper White cardstock between the second and third accordion folds.
- Use the mini envelope and remove the flap or tuck it inside. This will hold a gift card.
- Stamp on the mini envelope.
- Adhere the mini envelope between the third and fourth accordion folds.