The upcoming April Paper Pumpkin kit was designed by Stampin' Up!'s CEO, Sara Douglas!
The kit will be including a FREE gift inside every April box! It's going to be a surprise! We all love surprises, right?
Reminder to all of you that if you purchase a 3-Month subscription, you qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
Subscribe by April 10th to receive the April kit!
YES, Paper Pumpkin subscriptions qualify for Live with Lisa events ($25+)!
Succulents are Boo's favorite plants. She has several in her bedroom and they require little care. In her case – almost no care!
Although she hasn't stamped much lately, she does take time to look at each new catalog when it's released. When the Oh So Succulent Bundle was introduced in the Occasions Catalog she urged me to get it.
And for good reason. Have you seen some of the amazing 3D projects on Pinterest?! Oh my! You can create plants that look just like the real thing. No watering, transplanting or sunshine required!
Today's tutorial uses the Oh So Succulent Bundle (30 piece photopolymer stamp set and coordinating framelits). It's paired here with its coordinating designer paper and a little heat embossing for realism.
I've placed the tutorial below for those of you on a mobile device. I also have a PDF tutorial available if you'd like to download it and save it for future inspiration.
Happy Friday everyone!
All images © 1990-2017 Stampin’ Up!®
- Stamps – Oh So Succulent Bundle (145184 photopolymer)
- Paper – Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (142778)
- Ink – Whisper White Craft Ink Pad (101731), Old Olive (126953), Sweet Sugarplum (141395)
- Other – Big Shot (143263), Magnetic Platform (130658), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247) Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132), Heat Tool (129053)
- Whisper White (base) – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, folded in half
- Whisper White (layer) – 3 1/4” x 3 1/4”
- Old Olive (layer) – 3 1/2” x 3 1/2”
- Old Olive – scraps to die cut
- Designer Paper (white floral pattern) – 2” x 5 1/4”
- Designer Paper (gingham pattern) – 2” x 5 ¼”
- Cut 2” off of front of the card base.
- Adhere one of piece of designer paper (white floral pattern) to left front card base.
- Adhere the remaining piece of designer paper (gingham pattern) to the inside right of the card base as shown.
- Determine how many petals you would like your flower to have. Die cut the flowers using at least one of each of the solid coordinating dies and the Old Olive scrap. Stamp the tips of each petal on one flower using Whisper White Craft ink. Cover the ink with white embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat set using the Heat Tool. Repeat this process with each flower.
- Assemble the flower layers using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting using Old Olive ink on the bottom of the white layer as shown.
- Stamp the long, skinny flower images using Old Olive ink on the white layer, aligning them where you will eventually adhere the flower.
- Stamp the small flowers shown on the white layer using Sweet Sugarplum ink. Layer them in-between the flowers stamped in step #7.
- Adhere the white layer to the Old Olive layer. Place adhesive on the left side only of the layers and adhere to the front of the card base as shown.
- Adhere the flowers to the layers by making an “X” with your adhesive on where you would like the flowers to be attached. Press the flowers in place.
- Die cut one of the long, skinny flowers that you used in step #8 using Old Olive cardstock. See picture. Adhere it under the flower as shown.
- Add a pearl to the center of the flower cluster.
When you purchase $25 or more of product in my online store you will receive exclusive REWARDS. Read all about the free tutorial bundles, live demonstrations, gifts, Frequent Buyer Points and Prize Patrol HERE.