Today is my daughter, Gina's (aka "Boo") 24th birthday. Looking at these pictures I'm still stunned that she turned 24!
I'm immensely proud of her. She has a degree in film production and works full time in graphic production and although it may seem I'm bragging (and I may be a bit), she's incredibly talented. She's incredibly well grounded, confident, hard working and beautiful.
Today's card tutorial is a birthday card using a collaboration of stamp sets. I've placed the directions below for those of you on a mobile device. I also have a downloadable PDF tutorial if you'd like to save the inspiration for another time.
Happy Birthday to you, Boo!
Does any of this sound familiar?
- I'd love to paper craft but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to paper crafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
What if I told you…
- Creativity starts HERE with Paper Pumpkin at 25% off on our June, July, and August kits! That's only $14.96 per month.
- Paper Pumpkin includes EVERYTHING you need in each month's kit!
- Paper Pumpkin includes a new stamp set and ink spot each month! It's a great way to build up your supplies without additional expenses.
- My Paper Pumpkin subscribers receive a tutorial each month, with 7 alternate project ideas – for FREE! It's called Paper Pumpkin Parade and you can read all about it, and see sneak peek pictures of previous month's ideas HERE.
- Offer valid only from May 11th –June 10th, 11:50 PM (MT)
- For first-time subscribers only.
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions only – no pre-paid subscriptions for this special offer.
- The 25% discount is applied to 1 kit per month for the first 3 months of a new subscription. After that, the price for each month's kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- Get started! Enter the promo code, STARTHERE. Click HERE to subscribe.
- Stamp Sets – Painter’s Palette (141910); Helping Me Grow (140764); Better Together (141736)
- Cardstock – Thick Whisper White (140272); Whisper White (100730); Sweet Sugarplum (141418)
- Ink – Sweet Sugarplum (141395); Pool Party (126982), Memento Black (132708)
- Other – Aqua Painters (103954); Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon (141428); Big Shot (143263); Magnetic Platform (130658); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Dimensionals (104430), Basic Jewels Rhinestones (119246)
- Thick Whisper White (base): 4 ¼ ” x 11”, folded in half
- Thick Whisper White (layer): 2 ¾ ” x 4”
- Sweet Sugarplum (layer): 2 7/8” x 4 1/8”
- Whisper White (greeting): 2” x 2”
- Whisper White: scrap
- Ribbon: 1 piece cut 5 ½”, 1 piece cut 4”
- Using the Thick Whisper White layer, stamp the dotted lines from the Helping Me Grow stamp set, alternating the colors between Sweet Sugarplum and Pool Party. Tip: Place the stamp close to the edge of the block and use the top of the Photopolymer as your spacing point for the next row. Adhere to the Sweet Sugarplum layer. Attach the ribbon across the layers, adhering the raw ends to the back using Glue Dots. Slip the 4” piece of ribbon under and tie a knot. Adhere the layers to the card base using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting on the white cardstock using Sweet Sugarplum ink. Die cut the greeting using the appropriate stitched square framelit. Adhere to the far right side of the layers using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the hat using the black ink. Color in the image using the Aqua Painter and ink from the lids of the Sweet Sugarplum and Pool Party ink pads. Cut the hat out using your scissors. Adhere to the upper left corner of the greeting square using Dimensionals.
- Add a row of rhinestones under the word “genius” in the greeting.
Did you miss the May edition of Studio Stamps in the Mail?
You can still purchase one of the exclusive bundles being offered HERE.