You’ll have them saying “awwww”, when they open this card using the Hedgehugs stamp set. This set has the cutest little critters and verbiage like this “adorable you”. I created another card recently using this same set. If you missed it, you can see it HERE.
I’m certainly no rule-breaker but I was when it came to creating today’s card. The ink pad rule for alcohol-based markers specifically says to use water-based ink – Memento – simply because the water-based ink won’t interact with the alcohol-based markers to cause bleeding. But today I erred on the rebel side and used the Early Espresso Classic ink pad. I was surprised at how well it worked! I still used Whisper White Thick cardstock, which I’ll discuss in the video, along with tips on how to color in images stamped using a water-based ink pad. Here’s my disclaimer. This worked well for me but please experiment before attempting on your final project.
I’ve including pictures and cutting dimensions of this card below so be sure to scroll down to see and the supplies I’ve used. Add this adorable stamp set to your next order along with your favorite items on the retired list. Details on the retiring products are listed below.
- Whisper White cardstock base is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Wood Textures Designer Paper is cut 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Thick Whisper White cardstock is used for the hedgehog image
- Daffodil Delight cardstock is used for the scallop oval layer
- I cut 20″ of Burlap Ribbon and pulled out three individual strands for the wrapped bow.
Last Chance Products!
There are 17 colors retiring on May 31st but they won’t last long! Grab your favorites along with their ink refills, cardstock and coordinating accessories WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Stamp sets will be available through May 25th.
- You can view the retiring stamp sets HERE
- You can view the retiring Bundles HERE
- You can view everything else that’s retiring HERE