Bubbles in the bathtub might not seem unlikely but these bubbles include some bubbly. It looks relaxing, doesn’t it? And well deserved, just as the greeting implies. Complete with a rubber ducky for those that like a little entertainment and fluffy white towel, this bathtub is full of shimmer due to the Wink of Stella and some sequin bubbles.
I’ve included written instructions below for today’s “bubbles in the bathtub” card tutorial along with an option for the free PDF tutorial download. Whether you choose to copy, print or save this tutorial, I’m certain the layout and/or the colors will inspire you.
Don’t forget to check out my PDF Tutorial Library for more project tutorials that feature complete card collections and fancy folds. Click HERE to view the library. All the supplies can be purchased in my online store.
The library was updated with some new tutorials recently so don’t miss them!
Bubbles in the Bathtub Card Tutorial
All images © 1990-2018 Stampin’ Up!®
- Stamps – Bubbles & Bubbly (wood 147380, clear 147383)
- Paper – Smoky Slate (131202); Thick Whisper White (140272); So Saffron (105118)
- Ink – Tuxedo Black (132708)
- Other – Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends (144595); Daffodil Delight Combo Stampin’ Blends (144603); Bronze Stampin’ Blends (144607); Ivory Stampin’ Blends (144606); Light Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends (144042); Clear Wink of Stella (141897); Aqua Painters (103954); Iridescent Sequin Assortment (144212); Fine-Tip Glue (138309); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Smoky Slate (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Cut the Thick Whisper White (layer): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Another Thick Whisper White (banner): 5/8” x 2 ¾”
- Thick Whisper White (bathtub): 3” x 4”
- Thick Whisper White (towel): scrap
- So Saffron: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”
- Squeeze the closed ink pad of the Smoky Slate pad. Open the pad and pick up color from inside the lid using the Aqua Painter. Carefully add color along the bottom 1” of the Thick Whisper White layer as shown. Add additional color near the tub to create a shadow. The paper will pill from the water, which is fine since you’re after a wet bathroom floor look. Let dry.
- Stamp the greeting using Memento ink on the Thick Whisper White banner. Adhere to the upper left corner of the card base using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the bathtub and towel images using Memento ink on the Thick Whisper White cardstock pieces. Color in the images using the Stampin’ Blends. Cut out the images using your scissors.
- Line up the bathtub image on the Thick Whisper White layer for placement. Stamp the bubbles image using Memento ink on the layer. Adhere this layer to the So Saffron layer and the adhere these layers to the card base.
- Next, adhere the bathtub and towel images using Dimensionals. Color in the bathtub, towel, champagne glass and bubbles using the Clear Wink of Stella.
- Adhere several sequins to the stamped bubbles using Fine-Tip Glue. Let dry.
Free Stamps in the Mail Card Kit
Stamp with me from home using this month’s free Stamps in the Mail (SITM) card kit. Place any $50 product order (before tax and shipping) between August 8-11, using the exclusive SITM host code HRUEUEXG, and I’ll send you a free card kit to make 8 cards, 2 each of these 4 different designs. I’ve got a short video showing you the cards along with ordering details HERE.