Today I’m going to teach you how to make a fun fold baby card!! This fun fold baby card was created while I was designing a card for a friend’s baby boy.
I have seen jumper fun fold cards before but struggled with the dimensions. Let’s face it, none of us likes cutting 7/8″ of anything. ((smile)) I wanted to create a fun fold that was not only easy to create but easy to duplicate. Once I mastered my dimensions I thought you might enjoy it as well. Consider using it as overalls for a western theme or for a child’s birthday card.
I’m using the Sweet Baby stamp set and the Bouncing Baby Framelits dies. These products are also offered as a Bundle (see supplies below) which will save you 10% on the overall purchase. There are dies for all the main images in this stamp set including a bottle, bunting, head piece and this adorable teddy bear cap.
I used the Stampin’ Blends to color the baby featured in today’s video but consider using watercolor pencils or markers. Any coloring medium will work. And, if you’re thinking that you’re over that stage of life where you’ll need baby cards. Think again! I thought so too. Now my friend’s children are having babies!
Be sure to scroll down past the video to see the pictures, cutting dimensions and supplies used to create today’s fun fold baby card.
How to Make a Fun Fold Baby Card Video Tutorial:
Fun Fold Baby Card
- The Mint Macaron cardstock base is cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Fold the cardstock on the score line.
- Next, line up the folded edge of the cardstock on the Stampin’ Trimmer at 1 1/4″. Cut down to the 1 1/2″ mark.
- Flip the cardstock over and repeat on the other side.
- Connect the two lower cut lines to create the top opening of the overalls
- The Straps: Cut Mint Macaron cardstock strips for the straps at 1 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- For the pocket use Subtles Designer Paper Assortment and cut a piece at 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″
- I used 8″ of Linen Thread for the bow on the tag
- I used 6″ of Linen Thread for each of the buttons
Join Me Live Tonight
Join me Live on YouTube tonight, Monday, August 20th at 8PM EST – 5PM PST – 6PM MST – 7PM CST for a live demonstration on a new fun fold card! If you aren’t already subscribed to my YouTube channel, you can do so HERE. If you’re subscribing from a desk top computer, be sure to click the bell icon so you receive notifications.