I’ve got a craft tip: How to Remove Adhesive from Foil Sheets!! Foil sheets provide a beautiful shiny finish to your projects. Foil sheets can also be cut with punches or dies making them extremely versatile for paper crafting. But adhering them can be a challenge if you aren’t careful. Adhesive can easily transfer to the front of the foil sheets leaving a marred area which seems impossible to remove.
You may have tried an adhesive pick up tool or eraser. You may have even tried rubbing the adhesive off the foil sheets – to no avail. But there’s hope!
In today’s quick tip video I’ll share how to remove adhesive from foil sheets without ruining the shiny finish. Be sure to scroll down to see the pictures and cutting dimensions for the completed card shared in today’s video.
How to Remove Adhesive from Foil Sheets Video
Foil Sheets Card Details
I embossed the card base using the Corrugated Dynamic Embossing Folder. Be sure to mist the cardstock with the Stampin’ Spritzer filled with tap water to ensure you don’t have cracking or splitting. This dynamic folder is just that – dynamic. The Stampin’ Spritzer applies a very fine mist of water to the cardstock which makes it more pliable before using this dynamic folder. The Stampin’ Spritzer’s mist is so fine that the water evaporates quickly. And you can emboss your foil sheets!
I colored the images using Stampin’ Blends. These alcohol-based markers provide flawless, streak-free coloring whether you like to shade or not. I’ve got an entire video series providing lots of tips and tricks. And if you’re wondering if the Stampin’ Blends will work on foil sheets – the answer is yes! These alcohol-based markers will cover just about any surface with permanent color.
- View the Stampin’ Blends Basics video HERE
- View how to shade and mix colors using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View how to shade in small areas using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View the four uses for the Color Lifter video HERE
- View how to create custom accessories using the Stampin’ Blends video HERE
- Bermuda Bay cardstock base is cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Thick Whisper White cardstock (perfect for Stampin’ Blends!) is cut 3″ x 3 1/2″
- Silver Foil Sheets layer is cut 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
Final Days of December Bonus Event
Place any $25 product order (before shipping and tax) during December and receive an exclusive invitation to our January Bonus Event! This event will feature six Facebook Live demonstrations using products from the upcoming Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure. Not on Facebook? No worries, just let me know when you place your order and I’ll send you the video recording via email. All my other online ordering rewards apply, too! Shop HERE and be sure to use the current host code found in the red menu bar of this blog.
The Biggest Sale of the Year!
From January 3 – March 31, spend $50 (before tax and shipping) and choose a FREE product of your choice from the exclusive Sale-A-Bration brochure! There’s no limit – for every $50 you spend, choose another FREE product! Earn even bigger selections when you spend $100 – great for those of you with a big wish list! Just look for the “FREE $50 and $100” reward icons throughout the brochure. All my online ordering rewards apply as well. Click HERE to read about my rewards program.
Create Your Custom Bundle of Products
If your wish list contains at least $99 in product then you should consider the custom starter kit. There are two options for you to customize your kit from January 3 – March 31:
- Option 1: Choose $175 of products and pay a reduced price of $99 – free shipping – 20% discount on future purchases through July 31, 2019
- Option 2: Choose $175 of products and receive the exclusive Craft & Carry Tote ($50 value!) for a reduced price of $129 – free shipping – 20% discount on future purchases through July 31, 2019
There is absolutely NO OBLIGATION and you don’t have to buy another thing if you choose not to. You can read about how I support my stamping team and the perks they receive HERE.