Here’s a blow your mind twisted gate fold greeting card that you can make with a few simple score lines. Be sure to scroll down for the cutting and scoring dimensions.
The New Wonders stamp set is a host exclusive product (page 207) and is redeemable with any $150+ product order. And today’s a great time to place an order of $50 or more in product (before shipping and tax), since July 1 -31 are Bonus Days! Earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon for every $50 you spend. I’ve got more details about Bonus Days HERE.
Twisted Gate Fold Greeting Card Video
Watch this unique card fold become a card design idea you’ll enjoy making over and over!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Twisted Gate Fold Card Details
Fun fold cards provide a unique way to open and close a card and this twisted gate fold won’t disappointed. The two diagonal panels provide “movement” to the outside layer which houses the adorable image from the Stampin’ Up New Wonders stamp set. Here’s a tip about this fun fold card- choose an image that will look favorable when rotated. Since the panels twist, the image will pivot.
The facial expressions on these images have stolen my heart. The New Wonders stamp set includes three different images and numerous greetings.
Twist open the card front to reveal the inside panel, perfect for your handwritten message. Another added bonus to this stamp set is the ability to build your greeting. Change out the ‘thank you’ for one of the other three appropriate phrases and you’ll cover a large selection of card themes.
Have you made a gate fold card before? Ready to try this twisted gate fold card? Let me know in the comments below!
I used the Stampin’ Blends alcohol-based markers to color in my image. If you’re new to Stampin’ Blends, I have an entire video series on using them that provides lots of tips and tricks.
- View the Stampin’ Blends Basics video HERE
- View how to shade and mix colors using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View how to shade in small areas using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View the four uses for the Color Lifter video HERE
- View how to create custom accessories using the Stampin’ Blends video HERE
- Cardstock base is cut 4 1/4″ x 7 1/2″, score at 2 1/2″ and 5 “
- Score the card base left and right panels, between the center score lines on an angle, corner to corner. Create both angles in the same direction.
- Perennial Essence Designer Paper is cut 2 1/4″ x 3 7/8″ and then cut lengthwise diagonally. You’ll need two sets if you want to cover both the top and bottom layers of this fold as I have.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock for the image is cut 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Blueberry Bushel cardstock layer for the image is cut 2 3/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Whisper White cardstock insert is cut 2 1/4″ x 4″
I used the same fold and the Floral Essence stamp set for this alternate idea. To achieve the two-tone blossoms, ink the image using Petal Pink ink. Using a sponge dauber, add color to the tips of the petals using Rich Razzleberry ink.
Pin this Fun Fold
Have you created a fun fold Pinterest board? If not, now’s a great time to start. Pin the image below to save this idea.
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the current host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The current host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team. ***July 1 – August 31, select any $155 in product for only $99 with free shipping! Then enjoy a $10 Coupon Code to use the following month! Click HERE for details.
- Current Host Code: Located in the red menu bar of this website
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/