A paper punch for layered greetings? You can do that? I’ll teach you how to use a shaped paper punch to create a layer on this beautiful handmade card. The best part of this technique is that it will work for any punch shape!
I’ve included pictures for the card I’m demonstrating in today’s video, plus two other alternate cards, cutting dimensions and supplies below. Be sure to scroll down to see them.
Paper Punch for Layered Greetings – Video
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Paper Punch for Layered Greetings – Details
The “A Little Lace” Bundle includes the stamp set and the coordinating Stitched Lace Die. The details in both the stamp set and this intricate die create gorgeous needlework-type cards.
The Tin Tile Embossing Folder pairs beautifully with the stitching for added texture. The greeting pops on this card because of a technique using paper punch layering. To create this layer, punch two additional shapes using colored cardstock. Trim one shape horizontally and the other vertically then adhere them, lining up the edges the very best you can. While it make look very noticable, it’s virtually indistinguishable to the recipient.
This 1/4″ striped ribbon is available both in Gorgeous Grape (pictured) and Bermuda Bay (see another card sample below). Since it’s double-sided you won’t have any concerns about tying knots and bows.
Just in case you aren’t passionate about purple, I’ve this alternate card using Pool Party and Pretty Peacock. Isn’t this Pretty Peacock scalloped Linen Ribbon beautiful? And it’s available in the five 2019-2021 In Colors, too!
And how about one more? This card uses a simple palette of Pool Party and Bermuda Bay.
- Purple Posy cardstock base is cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Highland Heather cardstock layer is cut 3 1/2″ x 4″. I do recommend cutting it a bit longer and die cutting the decorative edge where you have a full row of detail for a perfectly finished lower edge.
- Whisper White cardstock layer is cut 2 1/4″ x 4″
- I used 5″ of ribbon to wrap around the die cut layer and another 8″ to create the bow. Watch the video for details.
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the current host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The current host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team.
- Current Host Code: Located in the red menu bar of this website
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/