I’m super excited to show you how to make a unique triangle gatefold card today. Unique card folds are simple to make. A great addition to the fun fold card series.
Don’t miss the alternate card idea I’m sharing below that has a Christmas theme – using this same stamp set! I’ve included pictures, cutting dimensions and supplies below. Be sure to scroll down to see them.
Triangle Gatefold Card Video
Gatefold cards are a fun fold card idea I love. This design is easy to make and you’ll see how easy it is to change up the look just by swapping papers and stamp sets! Let’s get Stampin’ Up! On to Adventure ….
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Triangle Gatefold Card Details
Recently I had a viewer ask if I had any retirement card ideas. Looking through hundreds of videos I realized I didn’t and thought it was time to remedy that. And what better way than with a triangle gatefold card fold!
I’ve used the On to Adventure stamp set that includes fun, whimsical images and greetings for a variety of occasion. I think you’ll fall in love with their expressions!
This fun fold is easy and versatile. Consider using it for wedding or shower invitations or even birth announcements. The triangle folds attach easily to the sides of the card making this a great fun fold for new or seasoned card makers.
I used the Stampin’ Blends alcohol-based markers to color in the images. Be sure to use Thick Whisper White or Thick Very Vanilla cardstock with these alcohol-based markers for the optimum shading and vibrance. I’ve also included a quick demonstration on how to use them in today’s video.
- Garden Green cardstock base is cut 4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ (fits in a standard medium size envelope)
- Very Vanilla cardstock insert (which opens) is cut 3 7/8″ x 7 3/4″, fold in half
- Mint Macaron cardstock (triangle panels) are cut 2 @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, score on the diagonal
- Designer Paper is cut 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Very Vanilla cardstock strip for the greeting is cut 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Garden Green cardstock strip for the greeting layer is cut 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- Vellum cardstock for the belly band is cut 1 1/4″ x 9 1/4″
Christmas Triangle Gatefold
At first glance you might not think this stamp set has the potential for a Christmas card theme, but it does! With a little imagination I transformed this image by adding an accessory and a holiday greeting.
Those beautiful gold faceted stars are part of the “Most Wonderful Time” Product Medley – another of my favorite products offered in this year’s holiday catalog. I used the black journaling pen to create a ‘string’ from her fingers to the stars.
The inside of this fun fold card has plenty of room for a family Christmas photo, too! It’s a card that your receiver will admire all through the holiday season.
Whether for Christmas, retirement, birthdays, invitations or announcements, you’ll enjoy making this fun fold card!
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Product list for my retirement card
Product list for my Christmas card
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the current host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The current host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team.
- Current Host Code: Located in the red menu bar of this website
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/