Need best friend card ideas? I’ve got the best card making in the spotlight! It’s easy, it’s fun, and it’s a beautiful DIY card that you can make in under 30 minutes.
This birthday card idea uses a stunning and easy to use background stamp. Coloring in one area of the image allows for a wonderful spotlight of just one area, without the work of coloring in the entire image. This technique will have you looking at detail stamps in a whole new way for your hand made cards!
I’ve included pictures for two other alternate layouts along with cutting dimensions and supplies below the video in this post. Be sure to scroll down to see them.
Best Card Making in the Spotlight: A Technique You’ll Love
Creating cards for friends is easy using the spotlight technique. Choose one area of a detailed stamp and color it in! Mirror the colored and stamped background for this fresh card making idea!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Best Card Making – Idea #1
Using Dimensionals to add a 3D look to the spotlight image can create additional depth. Be sure to mirror the image well for the appearance of a continuous design.
I have a video series on using the Stampin’ Blends that will provide lots of tips and tricks:
- View the Stampin’ Blends basics video HERE
- View how to shade and mix colors using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View how to shade in small areas using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View the four uses for the Color Lifter video HERE
- View how to create custom accessories using the Stampin’ Blends video HERE
Black cardstock can add a dramatic touch to any card, especially when you heat emboss the greeting!
- Basic Black cardstock base is cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 /14″
- Basic Black cardstock strip for the greeting is cut 5/8″ x 3 3/4″
- Thick Whisper White cardstock layer is cut 3 3/4″ x 5 1/8″
- Highland Heather cardstock layer is cut 4″ x 5 1/4″
Best Card Making – Idea 2
Without the use of Dimensionals, the image is easily aligned to the background. Elevating the greeting, versus the spotlight, still provides depth to the card but doesn’t distract from the colorful details.
Best Card Making – Idea 3
Add a layer! This variation adds a 1/4″ layer behind the spotlight. Be sure to coordinate the cardstock color to that of your card base for an eye-catching and dramatic look!
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest card making or technique board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the current host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The current host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team. Purchase the starter kit between January 3 – March 31, 2020 and receive ADDITIONAL FREE products during Stampin’ Up!’s largest sale of the year called “Sale-A-Bration”. The starter kit will ALSO include your choice of a free stamp set and a 6”x6” Mini Catalog Designer Paper sampler pack and a Mini (guillotine) Paper Trimmer!
- Current Host Code: Located in the red menu bar of this website
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/