Wow, what a fun stamping technique I’ve got for you today. You’ll love learning how to create beautiful card backgrounds with ink and a little embossing powder. Oh, and we’ll also learn a technique using a brayer.
You’ve got the rubber stamps to create backgrounds but sometimes you just don’t know where to start or have any card making ideas for that stamp. I want to help you solve that dilemma today!
I’ve included pictures, cutting dimensions and supplies below. Be sure to scroll down to see them.
Create Beautiful Card Backgrounds: Video Tutorial
Background stamping is fun and there are so many techniques you can use. Today, we’re focusing on embossing and brayer techniques–2 card making skills you’ll love having in your toolbox. Anyone would be thrilled to receive this handmade birthday card!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Create Beautiful Card Backgrounds ~ The Details
The Breathtaking Bouquet background stamp is just that – breathtaking! These outline images can easily be colored or heat embossed. This background stamp is perfect for so many accompanying stamp sets.
The Sponge Brayer is easy to use and allows you to concentrate on creating depth on one section of your cardstock to create this beautiful ombre look. The Sponge Brayer can be washed out and left to air dry so you can use it in other colors. The sponge will stain from the pigmentation of the ink but as long as you’ve cleaned it well, it will work over and over again. I absolutely love this product for that reason!
Stampin’ Blends Markers are alcohol-based and allow for flawless coverage. I mixed and matched several colors to create different shades of purple to coordinate with the ombre look of this card. The video includes lots of tips you won’t want to miss.
Want to learn how to use the Stampin’ Blends Markers? My video series will teach you how!
- View the Stampin’ Blends basics video HERE
- View how to shade and mix colors using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View how to shade in small areas using the Stampin’ Blends HERE
- View the four uses for the Color Lifter video HERE
- View how to create custom accessories using the Stampin’ Blends video HERE
- Whisper White cardstock base is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock layer is cut 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- I used Thick Whisper White cardstock for the image
- Purple Posy cardstock for the greeting is cut 5/8″ x 2″
- I used two 18″ strands of the White Flax Ribbon
The Happy Birthday to You stamp set is a free selection during Stampin’ Up!’s largest sale of the year called “Sale-A-Bration”. From now through March 31 you can choose this stamp set or other products in the sale brochure for free with a $50 product purchase. For those of you with a larger wish list, there are even products redeemable with a $100 product purchase.
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest card making or technique board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the current host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The current host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team. Purchase the starter kit between January 3 – March 31, 2020 and receive ADDITIONAL FREE products during Stampin’ Up!’s largest sale of the year called “Sale-A-Bration”. The starter kit will ALSO include your choice of a free stamp set and a 6”x6” Mini Catalog Designer Paper sampler pack and a Mini (guillotine) Paper Trimmer!
- Current Host Code: Located in the red menu bar of this website
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/