Color on vellum! I’ve got 2 awesome techniques for fabulous greeting cards that are fun to make. Watch the video tutorial and create with me!
If you’ve paper crafted for even a few years, you more than likely have tried color on vellum. This translucent paper allows for color to be added which only emphasizes its beauty! Don’t miss these 2 ways to add color to your next greeting card making project!
You’ll find the pictures, cutting dimensions and supplies below. Be sure to scroll down to see them.
Color on Vellum: 2 Awesome Techniques to Learn in this Video
Add a pop of color to vellum paper using ink or alcohol based markers. This translucent paper provides the perfect surface for embossed images or backgrounds.
I have a special opportunity today for a fabulous collection of tutorials that include videos. Click here to read about it or scroll to the bottom of the page to “want more ideas”!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Color on Vellum – Technique #1
When stamping an image on vellum you’ll need to either use heat embossing, as I’ve done on today’s cards, or StazOn ink. Water-based and dye-based inks will not permanently dry on vellum cardstock. When applying ink, turn your image over and apply it from the backside. Sponge Daubers are my favorite tool for this technique.
The “Last Chance” products list contains hundreds of amazing products that will be retired at the end of the day on June 2. Among them is the beautiful Royal Peacock Bundle (stamp set + coordinating dies). Don’t miss viewing the last chance list to scoop up your favorites. Once they’re retired, they are gone forever. CLICK HERE to see the last chance list.
- Old Olive (base): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Designer Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Shimmery White: 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4
Gold Glimmer Paper: 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
Color on Vellum – Technique #2
This card is a 2-for-1 technique! I used alcohol-based Stampin’ Blends Markers on both the front and the backside of the embossed image. Alcohol ink is permanent and a great option for coloring on vellum.
Look closely at the triangle areas of the image below. I used the Stampin’ Blends marker to add color to the front of this peacock, while the other colors were added to the backside. The contrast is beautiful!
- Whisper White (base): 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White (layer): 2 1/2″ x 5″
- Whisper White (greeting): 5/8″ x 1 1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel: 2 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Call Me Clover: 3″ x 5 3/8″
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Want More Ideas?
The 2020 Creativate Spring Stamping Retreat might be over but the fun continues! Add these fabulous tutorials to your collection! Join me and the other Creativate team leaders, Brandy Cox, Connie Stewart, Jackie Bolhuis and Sharon Armstrong, as we stamp and create some incredible works of art for you!
This tutorial collection includes:
- (11) PDF tutorials including a one sheet wonder, fun folds, stamping techniques and gift boxes. Each tutorial includes the supply list, step-by-step instructions, cutting dimensions and photos – everything you need to create the projects.
- Video links (previous Facebook Live presentations) for each tutorial so you can stamp while you watch!
- Photos of additional project ideas for each of the 11 projects! The fun doesn’t stop with just one sample!
Click on the image below to get details about current specials.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team.
- Host Code: Located in the menu bar of this website. Do not use the host code if your product totals $150+. My ordering rewards still apply!
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/