Are you ready to learn how to make a gate fold explosion card that will blow your mind? If you love fun fold cards this is a creative idea that you’ll want to make. Use this as a birthday card idea or a Happy New Year’s card!
Creativate card ideas begin with a great layout and fun fold cards provide a fantastic opportunity to try something new! Stampin’ Up!’s So Much Happy Bundle (stamp set + coordinating dies) make creating today’s birthday card fun and easy.
Let me teach you how to make a gate fold card that explodes! Download the FREE template below.
Gate Fold Explosion Card Video Tutorial
My handmade card designs are always easy to create using my step-by-step video tutorials. Grab a piece of designer paper and let me teach you how to make this gate fold explosion card.
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Gate Fold Explosion Card Details
Named so appropriately, the So Much Happy Bundle (page 45 of the annual catalog) will bring smiles to any age. Timeless images and dies include balloons, stars and varied greetings to build custom sentiments.
The belly band is a combination of designer paper and cardstock strips to hold this explosion card closed. It’s a great way to use up scraps as well as providing a finished presentation for your card. I even “cheated” and used an 11″ strip of cardstock and designer paper for this card. Watch my video for tips!
Open the card and the designer paper insert explodes with color and a hidden greeting. Today’s video will teach you how to create the perfect-fitting greeting layer, too!
The Artistry Blooms Designer Paper is bursting with bold colors, perfect for New Year’s cards and announcements, too. One side has bold colors and the other has softer gradients. You gotta’ love double-sided options!
Gate Fold Explosion Card – Idea #2
Looking for a softer card, perhaps for an anniversary, sympathy or get well? The Prized Peony Bundle is perfect for these themes as well as birthday.
Stamp your images or choose one of the beautifully printed designer paper flowers and add color using Stampin’ Blends alcohol-based markers. The entire Peony Garden Suite of products can be found on pages 82-84 of the annual catalog and include soft florals and versatile designs.
Tones of Basic Gray, Petal Pink and Gray Granite make this paper easy to coordinate with other stamps and accessories.
Gate Fold Explosion Card Cutting Dimensions
Base of Card
- Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 2 3/4″ from each end
- Designer Paper (layer): 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cardstock (layer 1): 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Cardstock (layer 2, optional): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Designer Paper: 1″ x 12″
- Cardstock: 1″ x 12″
- Scraps for die/punch greeting layer
- Designer Paper: 4″ x 10 3/4″, score at 2 5/8″ from each long end
- With the sides folded in, mark at 2″ on both 4″ sides
- Keeping the sides folded, score from the 2″ mark to the center of the designer paper. Repeat for all four corners.
- Whisper White cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mark 2 5/8″ at the top and bottom
- Mark 1 7/8″ on each side
- Cut to connect the marks to form a diamond
Gate Fold Explosion Card Template
Click on the image below to download the free template.
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team.
- Host Code: Located in the menu bar of this website. Do not use the host code if your product totals $150+. My ordering rewards still apply!
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/