Ready to see the overlapping fun fold card & everything you need to know to make it? This fancy fold card is a favorite for Christmas cards, thank you, birthday & more!
When you read “overlapping fun fold card” you might be thinking “oh, this isn’t going to be easy” but this is one of the easiest handmade cards you’ll ever make. With separate panels for the overlapping pieces it’s foolproof to create!
Today’s fancy fold card tutorial will walk you step-by-step through the cutting and scoring dimensions as well as providing two additional samples. Don’t miss downloading your free template below!
Overlapping Fun Fold Card Video
Are you ready to make unique card folds? Grab your paper trimmer, some cardstock and scrap designer paper and let me teach you how to make this overlapping fun fold card!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Overlapping Fun Fold Card Details
The Snowman Season stamp set is perfect for both holiday cards, scrapbook pages and winter birthdays. The adorable images are easy to color and this stamp set even has as coordinating Snowman Builder Punch!
The Plaid Tidings Designer Paper has been one of my favorites this holiday season! The timeless plaid prints come in an array of colors suitable for cards all year long. This black and white pattern reminds me of a warm winter blanket!
Separate panels allow space for scraps of designer paper at the top and bottom as well as the overlapping panels on the front of this card. While this is a great way to use up those paper scraps don’t overlook stamping the panels or using your embossing folder.
Overlapping Fun Fold Card – Idea #2
I’m going to ask for your forgiveness on the photos of this gorgeous ornament card. Foils are near impossible to photograph without glare. The copper accents on the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Papers and Brushed Metallic Cardstock provide the right amount of sparkle for this holiday card.
The coordinating Gleaming Ornament Punch Pack will have you creating multiples in a flash! Purchase the designer paper, punch pack and the stamp set as a Variety Bundle and save 10%.
Having trouble stamping your greetings straight? I’ve got two tips for you.
- Stamp them on a scrap piece of cardstock and either trim around them or use a punch as I’ve done here.
- The Stamparatus stamp positioning tool is a fantastic product for precise stamping. When making repeated cards for any occasion, position your stamps on the plates, ink and press and you’ll have perfect placement every single time. See the Stamparatus in action in my video HERE.
Overlapping Fun Fold Card – Idea #3
Brighten their day with the cheerful Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. This entire suite of products consists of striking colors, dies and coordinated stamps. If you love sunflowers don’t miss my PDF tutorial featuring this stamp set with six (6) additional ideas. CLICK HERE to check them out.
Did you notice that I positioned the right panel on this card a bit higher than the other two cards? This slight adjustment allowed an area for my greeting. Experiment with the positioning for your own unique layouts.
The best part of Stampin’ Up!’s designer papers are the double-sided options. Choose patterns reminiscent of the theme or flip them over for a more generic patterns that can be used all year long.
Overlapping Fun Fold Card Cutting Dimensions
Be sure to download the free template below.
- Card base: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Cardstock (layer): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cardstock (left panel): 3 1/2″ x 4″, score 1/2″ on the 4″ side
- Cardstock (right panel): 3″ x 3 1/2″, score 1/2 on the 3 1/2″ side
- Designer Paper (layer strips): 3/4″ x 4″
- Designer Paper (left panel): 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Designer Paper/Copper Foil (right panel): 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Thick Whisper White (snowman): 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Snowman Card Supplies
Ornament Card Supplies
Sunflower Card Supplies
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team.
- Host Code: Located in the menu bar of this website. Do not use the host code if your product totals $150+. My ordering rewards still apply!
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/