Need a greeting card color challenge that will jump start your creative time? These are fun and simple card design ideas you can make.
The best color combinations are easy to create with Stampin’ Up! exclusive colors. With 50 colors to choose you’ll find endless possibilities!
This greeting card color challenge uses three of my favorite colors; So Saffron, Mango Melody and Night of Navy. Try mixing a subtle, bright and neutral tone together for a striking color combination.
Greeting Card Color Challenge Video Tutorial
A greeting card color challenge motivates paper crafters to use new color combinations. Select colors from three different Stampin’ Up! color families and you’ll be on you way to creating handmade cards with a whole new look!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Greeting Card Color Challenge – Idea #1
I love to hand stamp greeting cards. It’s my favorite pastime. But honestly, the toughest ones for me to design are those with a masculine theme. When Stampin’ Up! introduced the “A Cut Above” stamp set in the Mini Catalog I knew I had to have it!
Simple imagery and witty greetings make this a fantastic set to use all year long. This set will take care of birthdays, thank you cards, Father’s Day and retirement. The images are quick and easy to color using markers, colored pencils or alcohol-based Stampin’ Blends Markers as I’ve done here.
- Thick Basic White (base): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Thick Basic White (image): 3″ x 3 1/4″
- Night of Navy: 3 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
- So Saffron: 3 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Mango Melody: 5/8″ x 3 1/4″
- Designer Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Greeting Card Color Challenge – Idea #2
The Simply Succulents Bundle (stamp set + coordinating dies) will have your cards blooming with expression! And yes, there are blue succulents! Keeping with this same color challenge experiment with different themes and stamp sets. The possibilities are endless!
Did you notice the whimsical stitched border on the cardstock? The new Stitched with Whimsy dies are a hidden gem on page 72 of the Mini Catalog. The 6-die assortment creates trendy stitched borders in seconds.
- So Saffron (base): 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Thick Basic White: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Mango Melody: 3″ x 3″
- Night of Navy: 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
Greeting Card Color Challenge – Idea #3
Celebrating a new life is a greeting card I love to create! The Baby Pull Toys stamp set includes three images; a lion, elephant and giraffe plus various greetings. These bold images are so easy to color you can stamp them and give them to the kids to participate!
Strips of color in your chosen combination create all the background you need. Keep the image and greeting simple to showcase your fabulous color selection!
Three totally different card themes – one great color combination. Go ahead, challenge yourself! Grab three colors from different color families and begin pairing them together. Your cards are about to take on a whole new life!
- Night of Navy (base): 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Night of Navy (image): 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Night of Navy (greeting): 3/4″ x 2″
- Thick Basic White: 2″ x 3″
- So Saffron: cut 2 @ 1″ x 4″
- Mango Melody: cut 3 @ 1″ x 4″
Click and pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board. One click and you’ll come right back here to view the video, pictures and cutting dimensions.
Shop Whenever You’d Like
We’re all busy so shop when it’s convenient! Every online order receives a reusable hand stamped card in the mail. AND, if you use the host code and purchase $25+ in product, you will receive my additional online ordering rewards. The host code is located in the red menu bar on this website.
Whether you’re a new stamper, seasoned paper crafter, or a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you will find my PDF tutorials easy to follow and inspiring! All the designs are exclusive to Lisa’s Stamp Studio. Over 50 tutorials to choose from! PDF purchases are available to anyone regardless of country.
Want it All? Create a Custom Kit
Create a custom bundle of products for a reduced price and then continue to shop at a discount. Sounds too good to be true – but it’s not! I welcome hobby paper crafters and would love to add you to my stamping team. *January 5 – February 28, 2021, create your custom starter kit and automatically receive a 5-pack of 6″ x 6″ designer papers (200 sheets) for absolutely FREE! These papers include all new patterns for 2021 with a retail value of $57.50.
- Host Code: Located in the menu bar of this website. Do not use the host code if your product totals $150+. My ordering rewards still apply!
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LisaCurcioLisasStampStudio
- PDF tutorial Library: https://lisasstampstudio.com/pdf-tutorials
- Free weekly e-Newsletter tutorial: http://eepurl.com/NUI4P
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lisacurcio/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisasstampstudio/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisasstampstudio/