Stampin’ Up! has introduced a new ink pad case and you’re going to love the improvements! The new sleek design is less confusing to open. The tighter fit between the lid and the base means it won’t accidentally become disconnected, which was a common problem with the old case style. However, just like any new plastic case, it’s going to need some repeated use to “break it in”. A few of my cases were easier to open than others and I assumed you might have the same issue. Today’s video will provide a simple “conditioning” tip to make them easier to slide as the plastic “breaks in”.
I’ve also included a frequent Q&A about these new cases. You’ll find that information following the video in this post.
Studio Stamps in the Mail
Studio Stamps in the Mail (SSITM) kit is a way for you to stamp with me from home. This month’s FREE kit includes pre-cut supplies to make 8 cards (2 are a fancy fold!) using the Truly Tailored Bundle, a video and PDF tutorial. You’ll also receive an invitation to join my private Live with Lisa event! This Bundle includes the Truly Tailored stamp set and the Tailored Tag Punch. These masculine cards are both easy to create and impressive to give. Check out this month’s SSITM kit information by clicking the image below. Ordering is only available from May 9th – 12th only and you must use the exclusive SSITM host code.
Join me Live Tonight
Join me Live on YouTube this Thursday, May 10th at 8PM EST – 5PM PST – 6PM MST – 7PM CST for live demonstration! If you aren’t already a subscribed to my YouTube channel, you can do so HERE. Be sure to click the bell icon in you’re using a desk top computer to receive notifications. Click on the image below to get the link for this Live event!
If you’re new to YouTube Live, be sure to set up your Live comment/chat features:
- If you’ll be viewing the Live from your desk top computer click HERE
- If you will be viewing the Live from your phone or iPad click HERE
Click on the image below to view the quick tip video.
Why did we change the case?
The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. We can only use a mold a limited number of times before we need to replace it, so we had to decide if we wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. We chose to improve it!
We wanted to align the updated case with the color refresh and improvements to our ink. In addition, we chose to time these changes with Stampin’ Up!’s rebranding and packaging updates. This way, when you invest in the new colors, you are also getting the new and improved ink pads at the same time! We wanted to make these updates and changes in a way that was most cost efficient for you.
What’s better about the case?
We wanted the new case to:
- Be stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. We designed a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the dimple on the top of another case. Tip: Removing the label stickers from the bottom of the case (after applying the needed labels to the case) also makes the ink pads stack a little better.
- Include improved labels and stickers. Here are a few of the ways we’ve done that:
- The top label now has a cleaner, bolder design and a larger color swatch, making it easier to see the ink’s color.
- The stickers include a new In Color icon.
- We’ve continued to provide color stickers that can be placed on the end of each case to easily identify the ink’s color at a glance.
- We’re introducing a new color sticker you can place on the inside of the case, so you can easily distinguish the ink’s color when the case is open.
How is the ink different?
We improved our ink formula because we noticed that our old ink would sometimes bubble, especially on new pads and with lighter colors. When this happened, the ink wasn’t as even and smooth when stamped as we’d like to see it.
The improved ink formula will:
- Reduce ink bubbles.
- Help you get a smooth coating of ink on the stamp.
- Help lay down the ink better.
How do I know if my Classic Ink Refill has the new and improved ink?
Beginning with the 2018–2019 Annual Catalog, all ink refills will have the improved ink formula. Also, if you recently received an ink refill and it has the new branding label, it contains the improved ink formula.
Can I use an old ink refill on a new ink pad or a new ink refill on an old ink pad?
Yes! You absolutely can with the exception of the Basic Gray Archival and Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ inks. Archival and Classic inks should not be mixed. All other Classic Stampin’ inks will work fine.
Where is the archival ink?
Archival ink will no longer be part of our ink offering. Basic Gray will now be part of the Classic Stampin’ ink family. Please note that you cannot use an archival ink refill on the new Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad, as this will ruin the new ink pad. Only use Classic Stampin’ ink refills on Classic Stampin’ pads. Your best options for black ink pads are the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, to use with Blends and general black stamping needs, and the Jet Black StāzOn Pad, to use for watercolor and nonporous surface stamping. Both will be part of our ink offering. We are confident that both the Memento and StāzOn pads are high-quality inks that perform to our customers’ needs.
Will the updated Classic Stampin’ Pad case fit in the Color Caddy?
Yes, it will fit into the Color Caddy–just not as tightly as the previous ink pad style. If you’ve stored the updated pads in your caddy, you’ll want to be careful when rotating the caddy and not turn it too fast. We are working on a new storage solution for the updated Classic Stampin’ Pad case and do not yet have a launch date.
Old-Design Ink Pad Availability
- Through May 7: Old-design Classic Stampin’ Pads are guaranteed to be available for purchase. If an ink pad goes on backorder during this time, the order will be fulfilled.
- After May 7: Old-design Classic Stampin’ Pads (both retiring and carryover) will no longer be guaranteed and will be available while supplies last.
- Once retiring colors run out of stock, the old-design ink pad item numbers will be turned off.
- To ensure ongoing availability of colors that are carrying over, Stampin’ Up! will turn on the new-design ink pad item numbers when they run out of stock on old-design ink pads.
New Catalog Pre-Release Promotion!
The Love What You Do stamp set is part of the pre-release “Share What You Love” promotion that will run through May 31st. Also included in this pre-release promotion are the NEW 2018-2020 In Color ink pads. These Bundles are exclusive to the early release and will no longer be available after May 31st. Click on the image below to view the bundles and ink pad selections for this limited time promotion.
New and Improved Blog Appearance
We can all agree that one thing is certain in life – change. I’m pleased to announce that beginning this week you will begin to see a fresh, cleaner look on my blog. I’m super excited to share the designs that Aloha Graphics and Printing has provided (aka “Boo”!). Coupled with the maintenance expertise of Integrant Services, I’m confident you’ll love the new look of Lisa’s Stamp Studio. If you find something that doesn’t look right or isn’t working properly please email me HERE and let me know. Your patience through this transition is greatly appreciated.